By Dr. Kara Menzer, ND
Natural Medicine of Seattle is excited to announce that we are now offering Telehealth (also known as telemedicine or e-health) services to our existing patients!
Telehealth is a secure, HIPAA compliant way to video chat with your doctor, and is covered by most major insurance companies. Telehealth offers you the convenience of consulting with your doctor using a computer from the comfort of your own home or office. Don’t want to fight traffic? Have an urgent question for your doctor while at the office? Childcare cancel last minute? Consider telehealth!
Telehealth is perfect for:
- Asking questions about your existing treatment plan
- Discussing new laboratory results if physical examination is not needed
- Discussing non-emergent side effects from current medications or supplements
- Triaging non-emergent symptoms to determine if in-person evaluation or higher level of care is needed
- Requesting or discussing referrals to specialists or other health providers, if physical examination is not needed.
- Medication management if physical examination is not needed
- Updating your doctor with new health information, such as a recent hospitalization or surgery
Telehealth is not appropriate for:
- Establishing care at Natural Medicine of Seattle (all first-time visits must be in person)
- Office visits that require physical examination that cannot be performed via Telehealth
- Annual preventative examinations (also known as annual “check-ups”)
- Medical emergencies. For medical or psychiatric emergencies please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
- Office visits determined by the physician to be inappropriate for Telehealth.
Check with your insurance plan for telehealth benefits before scheduling a telehealth appointment with your doctor. To discuss or to schedule call us at (206) 535-7527.